Questo sito usa i cookie per migliorare la tua esperienza di navigazione. Se continui a navigare su questo sito, accetterai i suddetti cookie. Per maggiori dettagli e per cambiare le tue impostazioni, guarda la nostra Policy sui Cookie e la Policy sulla Privacy. Chiudi

Probably already asked 100 times but... Is poker online rigged?

• tuktukbkk
      tuktukbkk
      Bronzo
      Presente da: 03-21-2007 Contributi: 338
      (sorry for my question in english but I dont control the Italian yet :)

Dear Italian community,

The more I play the more I have this feeling on tournaments that the software behind most of the poker providers (im playing currently on pokerstars under nickname tuktukbkk) have an algorithm that simplifies the gaem. Certain hands show a little bit more frequently than in live poker - I have seen impossible hands winning with cards given on the turn and river, the guy with more chips 99% of the times will take the pot, etc. I actually start playing considering this and I have been more sucessful than before... so my question to you is: Is poker online rigged? And if thats the case should you adapt your game to take that in consideration?

With all your answers I will try to make a summary with the top 5 reasons to believe this is true or not true! Tell me your story!
  • 11 risposte
    • Grottesco
      Grottesco
      Bronzo
      Presente da: 07-25-2007 Contributi: 9.381
      No it's not :D
    • innaig86
      innaig86
      Bronzo
      Presente da: 03-06-2009 Contributi: 2.616
      Live poker is rigged. :f_mad:
    • Memphis87
      Memphis87
      Bronzo
      Presente da: 12-01-2008 Contributi: 1.129
      Are u even been a dealer or you have tried to deal? U can see the same things on live poker. ;)
    • supercioni
      supercioni
      Bronzo
      Presente da: 06-13-2008 Contributi: 684
      hi man we have seen 1K posts like this one

the italian economy is rigged :D war is rigged world is rigged but not poker :D

:D :D :D :D

think AA wins 85% of times not 100% so ....sometimes you can win, sometime not :D that's poker

if you play 5 hands by day it's possible that your AA will burn in hell for 5 times but if you play 10k hand by month you will earn money.......

sorry for my english

have a nice day
    • valentik72
      valentik72
      Bronzo
      Presente da: 10-02-2006 Contributi: 6.180
      First compliment because you are very beautiful, i see your photo in the your profile.

Second compliment for your blog and for your persolized referent in pstrategy

I think that the poker as live as on line is not rigged but it is complex joke, and like as life it's very hard but with application and passion can do good results nd profits

Best regards and one big kiss :D

Sorry for my english
    • Galliani
      Galliani
      Bronzo
      Presente da: 10-26-2007 Contributi: 5.562
      tuktukbkk is rigged!

:) If you have PT you can see it's all regular and inside the stats!
    • Shujee
      Shujee
      Bronzo
      Presente da: 08-21-2008 Contributi: 6.169
      L'originale di tuktukbkk(sorry for my question in english but I dont control the Italian yet :)

Dear Italian community,

The more I play the more I have this feeling on tournaments that the software behind most of the poker providers (im playing currently on pokerstars under nickname tuktukbkk) have an algorithm that simplifies the gaem. Certain hands show a little bit more frequently than in live poker - I have seen impossible hands winning with cards given on the turn and river, the guy with more chips 99% of the times will take the pot, etc. I actually start playing considering this and I have been more sucessful than before... so my question to you is: Is poker online rigged? And if thats the case should you adapt your game to take that in consideration?

With all your answers I will try to make a summary with the top 5 reasons to believe this is true or not true! Tell me your story!
      Hi there.

So you're saying something like you adjusted your game to the "riggedness" and you're doing bigger profits than before? Any example?

A few impressions about what you said, imo:
      - Certain hands showing a little bit more frequently > It's all about percentages on an huge sample size, softweres like PT or HEM tell you how many times you've been dealt every combination, from AA to 72o, and that "little bit more frequently" doesn't make a lot of sense, if not proven by any sort of document/proof.
      - Winning cards on turn and river > The more hands you play, the bigger chance you have to get a bad beat on you, that happens a lot, and it's about percentages aswell.
      - Guy with more chips wins > I've heard people saying the exact contrary of what you're saying here, so i guess its just another personal feeling.

It's online poker rigged? No!
      Why? Cause PRs get profit anyway by Rake, and it would be pointless (and i guess impossible too) for them to control winning players/losing players winnings and "force" them to keep playing.

:f_grin: .
    • Dodazzo
      Dodazzo
      Bronzo
      Presente da: 07-28-2008 Contributi: 3.334
      L'originale di Shujee
      L'originale di tuktukbkk(sorry for my question in english but I dont control the Italian yet :)

Dear Italian community,

Hi there.

So you're saying something like you adjusted your game to the "riggedness" and you're doing bigger profits than before? Any example?

A few impressions about what you said, imo:
      - Certain hands showing a little bit more frequently > It's all about percentages on an huge sample size, softweres like PT or HEM tell you how many times you've been dealt every combination, from AA to 72o, and that "little bit more frequently" doesn't make a lot of sense, if not proven by any sort of document/proof.
      - Winning cards on turn and river > The more hands you play, the bigger chance you have to get a bad beat on you, that happens a lot, and it's about percentages aswell.
      - Guy with more chips wins > I've heard people saying the exact contrary of what you're saying here, so i guess its just another personal feeling.

It's online poker rigged? No!
      Why? Cause PRs get profit anyway by Rake, and it would be pointless (and i guess impossible too) for them to control winning players/losing players winnings and "force" them to keep playing.

:f_grin: .
      Shujee is a friend of mine :f_p:
    • tuktukbkk
      tuktukbkk
      Bronzo
      Presente da: 03-21-2007 Contributi: 338
      Here is a classic example of what Im talking about... that just happened and they kick me out in 9th place!

PokerStars Game #31866344933: Tournament #188750914, $20+$2 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level XIII (600/1200) - 2009/08/20 20:43:12 ET
      Table '188750914 8' 9-max Seat #1 is the button
      Seat 1: mountrath 1 (33399 in chips)
      Seat 2: cyprususa (9167 in chips)
      Seat 3: tuktukbkk (8065 in chips)
      Seat 4: z 0 0 t s (91393 in chips)
      Seat 5: blkchpj (23520 in chips)
      Seat 6: slim99slim (27725 in chips)
      Seat 7: drx975 (27928 in chips)
      Seat 8: PeppeSwe (8658 in chips)
      Seat 9: perkele99 (40145 in chips)
      mountrath 1: posts the ante 125
      cyprususa: posts the ante 125
      tuktukbkk : posts the ante 125
      z 0 0 t s: posts the ante 125
      blkchpj: posts the ante 125
      slim99slim: posts the ante 125
      drx975: posts the ante 125
      PeppeSwe: posts the ante 125
      perkele99: posts the ante 125
      cyprususa: posts small blind 600
      tuktukbkk: posts big blind 1200
      *** HOLE CARDS ***
      Dealt to freepokerm [9s 9c]
      z 0 0 t s: folds
      blkchpj: folds
      slim99slim: folds
      drx975: folds
      PeppeSwe: folds
      perkele99: folds
      mountrath 1: raises 32074 to 33274 and is all-in
      cyprususa: folds
      tuktukbkk: calls 6740 and is all-in
      Uncalled bet (25334) returned to mountrath 1
      *** FLOP *** [9d Tc Qs]
      *** TURN *** [9d Tc Qs] [Js]
      *** RIVER *** [9d Tc Qs Js] [2h]
      *** SHOW DOWN ***
      tuktukbkk: shows [9s 9c] (three of a kind, Nines)
      mountrath 1: shows [8d Ah] (a straight, Eight to Queen)
      mountrath 1 collected 17605 from pot
      *** SUMMARY ***
      Total pot 17605 | Rake 0
      Board [9d Tc Qs Js 2h]
      Seat 1: mountrath 1 (button) showed [8d Ah] and won (17605) with a straight, Eight to Queen
      Seat 2: cyprususa (small blind) folded before Flop
      Seat 3: tuktukbkk (big blind) showed [9s 9c] and lost with three of a kind, Nines
      Seat 4: z 0 0 t s folded before Flop (didn't bet)
      Seat 5: blkchpj folded before Flop (didn't bet)
      Seat 6: slim99slim folded before Flop (didn't bet)
      Seat 7: drx975 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
      Seat 8: PeppeSwe folded before Flop (didn't bet)
      Seat 9: perkele99 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
    • Galliani
      Galliani
      Bronzo
      Presente da: 10-26-2007 Contributi: 5.562
      We all got hundreds of them in our database ... dont waste time, it's just bad luck, variance and .... what else? ....

:)
    • bellavec
      bellavec
      Bronzo
      Presente da: 01-29-2008 Contributi: 7.815
      so my question to you is: Is poker online rigged? And if thats the case should you adapt your game to take that in consideration?

dude, don't take it wrong..

i have tons of question like these, and even if i hate them i usually still leave them in the forum hoping that someone will understand poker room are not rigged, reading logical answers from older members or trying to think deeply about that..

you shold have understood the point from shujee's one, so i'm closing here the conversation, cause it's not even interesting for new users cause unfortunately in italy a small percentage of people speak english.

Cheers

p.s. a personal piece of advice: the hand you posted is not even a bad beat, if you get mad cause of these things, you should try and grind something like 2500-3000 FR SnGs, after that you'll tell me if you changed your mind or not ;)