Competition - How profitable can you be in 10000 poker hands?

• tuktukbkk
      tuktukbkk
      Bronzo
      Presente da: 03-21-2007 Contributi: 338
      Hi,

I have started this post on the english forum and I would like to open it here in the Italian forum as well:

Im starting a competition in my blog where I will challenge everyone who have registered on pokerstrategy using my referal link and see who will be the most profitable player after 10000 hands. I will be giving the following prizes:

1st - $80
      2nd - $60
      3rd - $40
      4th - $20
      5th - $10

Read all the details in my blog.

I will keep you posted of my own performance!

Best regards,
      Tuk
  • 22 risposte
    • DanRamone
      DanRamone
      Bronzo
      Presente da: 05-25-2008 Contributi: 1.491
      questo è thailandese :D
    • tuktukbkk
      tuktukbkk
      Bronzo
      L'originale di DanRamonequesto è thailandese :D
      Non io non sono dalla Thailandia, ma ho avuto un sacco di divertimento loro con i miei amici in vacanza e un sacco di tuktuk gare! Si dovrebbe fare un tentativo:)

Dispiace per il mio italiano
    • Ryuga84
      Ryuga84
      Bronzo
      Presente da: 11-22-2007 Contributi: 4.112
      io nn c'ho capito na mazza... :D :D :D
    • destrolindo
      destrolindo
      Bronzo
      Presente da: 08-25-2007 Contributi: 3.778
      è un genio invece!
      certo che postare qui che gia ci sono gli iscritti a ps...nn so in quanti potranno iscriversi tramite il suo tell a friend...
    • Zucchero79
      Zucchero79
      Bronzo
      Presente da: 08-24-2006 Contributi: 10.787
      Grande idea!!

Però verissimo, sarebbe più proficuo metterlo in altri forum.. Ragazzi, l´input l´amico ve l´ha dato! ;)
    • Ryuga84
      Ryuga84
      Bronzo
      me lo spiegate anche me come funziona....? :P
    • Galliani
      Galliani
      Bronzo
      Presente da: 10-26-2007 Contributi: 5.562
      Si, bella idea.

Lui mette il montepremi per chi in 10.000 mani si dimostra essere il più profittevole (ci sarebbe da chiarire se in senso assoluto o relativo al livello).

:D
    • Ryuga84
      Ryuga84
      Bronzo
      sarà vantaggios come cosa? dipende tutto da quanti si iscrivono... :D :D :D
      cmq si ho capito... ;)
    • tuktukbkk
      tuktukbkk
      Bronzo
      Hello Italian community!

As promissed I would like to give you a quick update on my own performance to reach maximum profitability in 10000 poker hands.

I had a terrible start and I lost $11,33 in 773 hands played... Please consider the session graph:

Best hand of the session: +$5,28

Preflop: Hero is SB with As, Ad
      3 folds, MP2 calls $0,10, 2 folds, BU raises to $0,50, Hero raises to $1,00, BB folds, MP2 calls $0,90, BU calls $0,50.

Flop: ($3,10) Kc, 7h, 8h (3 players)
      Hero bets $0,50, MP2 calls $0,50, BU calls $0,50.

Turn: ($4,60) 3s (3 players)
      Hero bets $0,60, MP2 calls $0,60, BU calls $0,60.

River: ($6,40) Jh (3 players)
      Hero raises $0,70 (All-In), MP2 calls $0,70, BU calls $0,70.

Final Pot: $8,50

Hero shows a pair of aces (As Ad)
      BU shows high card ace with king kicker (Qs Ah)
      MP2 shows a pair of kings (Tc Ks)
      Hero wins with a pair of aces (As Ad)

Worst hand of the session: -$5,86

Preflop: Hero is BB with Qc, Qh
      UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 raises to $0,40, 6 folds, Hero raises to $1,00, UTG+2 raises to $1,60, Hero calls $0,60.

Flop: ($3,25) 7h, Kd, Ts (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG+2 bets $1,10, Hero calls $1,10.

Turn: ($5,45) 6h (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG+2 bets $2,90, Hero raises to $3,16 (All-In), UTG+2 calls $0,26.

River: ($11,77) Th

Final Pot: $11,77

Hero shows two pairs, queens and tens (Qc Qh)
      UTG+2 shows two pairs, aces and tens (Ad Ah)
      UTG+2 wins with two pairs, aces and tens (Ad Ah)

If you have the time I would love to receive your feedback either here or you could leave a comment on my blog.

Please note that the competition started yesterday and will be running for 1 month. During that period you can register at any time through my blog as long as you are able to play and present your 10000 hands in the end. Of course, unfortunately, most of you will not be able to participate this time around as you have probably not registered using my referral link from my blog BUT if this concept works out well I might open up for all pokerstrategy members and with other ways of measuring as for example BB/100. With a measurement like that you could continue playing in the level you play today and present your results.

In any case if you like the concept you might want to help me and share this idea with your "non pokerstrategy" friends :)

Thats it for today I hope on my next update to be back on the green light!

Best regards,
      Tuk
    • tuktukbkk
      tuktukbkk
      Bronzo
      1 week after - 6045 hands and still on negative profitability: -$7.55
      Rake generated $44.87
      Pokerstrategypoints - 123 (still missing 1 day update)

My comments:

So far Im not being able to go to green and stay on green. Im also testing a few diferent ways of playing and that might be the reason for this "bad" results... I should have stick to the Short Stack Strategy.
      All in all apart from the fact that Ive been able to generate enough party points to join Party Poker promotional 50K tournament next Saturday everything else is being just boring... I might need to continue after the 10000 hands to see if I can present a nice upward trend graph :)

Most profitable hand so far: +$9.06

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A:diamond: , A:heart:
      Hero raises to $0.50, UTG+1 raises to $1.50, 8 folds, Hero raises to $3.00, UTG+1 calls $1.50.

Flop: ($6.15) 3:spade: , 7:club: , Q:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG+1 checks.

Turn: ($6.15) 5:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.50, UTG+1 calls $2.50.

River: ($11.15) 8:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero raises $4.40 (All-In), UTG+1 calls $4.40.

Final Pot: $19.95

Most unprofitable hand so far: -$8,80

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BU with 4:spade: , 4:heart:
      3 folds, MP2 raises to $0.40, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.40, SB raises to $0.80, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.40.

Flop: ($2.10) 5:heart: , 3:club: , 6:spade: (2 players)
      SB bets $1.00, Hero calls $1.00.

Turn: ($4.10) 9:club: (2 players)
      SB bets $2.00, Hero calls $2.00.

River: ($8.10) 8:diamond: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $5.00, SB calls $5.00.

Final Pot: $18.10

If you have the time I would love to receive your feedback either here or you could leave a comment on my blog.

Best regards,
      Tuk
    • tuktukbkk
      tuktukbkk
      Bronzo
      The strategypoints have now been updated - 278 made so far.

Hopefully this would help you to understand the correlation between:

strategypoints: 278
      number of hands: 6045
      rake generated: $44.87

I should have done this on Titan and take advantage of the current promotion from pokerstrategy where for each $25 you get $10 back... That would take me to a positive bankroll.

Hopefully tonight I will be able to play a few more hands :)
      I will keep you updated!

Best regards,
      Tuk
    • tuktukbkk
      tuktukbkk
      Bronzo
      Hi,

Its time for another update of my own performance on the competition I started on he past 8th of September and that it will be running until the 8th of October.
      I have finally manage to control some of my bankroll killing instintcs and after 7918 hands Im back on profit with +$56,31! The biggest change was that Im now much more focused than before and of course Im also getting a few more AA and KK than before :)

Please consider the updated graph:

Most profitable hand so far: +$11.74

[I][SIZE=10]

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with 6:heart: , 7:heart:
      Hero calls $0.10, UTG+2 calls $0.10, 2 folds, MP3 calls $0.10, 2 folds, SB calls $0.05, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.50) 4:heart: , A:club: , 3:heart: (5 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $0.30, UTG+2 raises to $0.60, MP3 calls $0.60, SB folds, BB raises to $0.90, Hero calls $0.60, UTG+2 calls $0.30, MP3 calls $0.30.

Turn: ($4.10) J:diamond: (4 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks, UTG+2 checks, MP3 checks.

River: ($4.10) 5:diamond: (4 players)
      BB bets $1.50, Hero raises to $4.78 (All-In), UTG+2 calls $4.78, MP3 folds, BB calls $3.28.

Final Pot: $18.44

Most unprofitable hand so far: -$10,10

[I][SIZE=10]

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with K:heart: , K:diamond:
      UTG+1 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, 4 folds, BU raises to $1.10, 2 folds, Hero raises to $3.30, BU raises to $10.10 (All-In), Hero calls $6.80.

Flop: ($20.35) T:spade: , 5:club: , A:club:
      Turn: ($20.35) J:spade:
      River: ($20.35) 8:spade:

Final Pot: $20.35

Im only missing 2000 hands to complete my first 10000 hands but so far Im really happy with my performance as I managed to double up my starting money.
      Thats is for today, I will be back soon with another update!

Best regards,
      Tuk
    • Zucchero79
      Zucchero79
      Bronzo
      Presente da: 08-24-2006 Contributi: 10.787
      Mi complimento con te per la tua costanza ;)
    • tuktukbkk
      tuktukbkk
      Bronzo
      L'originale di Zucchero79Mi complimento con te per la tua costanza ;)
      La ringrazio tanto spero Zucchero!
      Di poter continuare ad avere successo con PokerStrategy aiuto!
    • tuktukbkk
      tuktukbkk
      Bronzo
      Hi,

After 15 days I have reached my goal of 10000 hands (in fact I have played 10212 hands) and I manage to be profitable in the end. From my initial capital received from pokerstrategy.com of $50 Im now up with $98.45. Here is the latest graph:

My best and worst hands didnt change from my last post which probably also means that my game improved and I have not being exposing my bankroll as before.

For all my friends who register for the competition you still have 2 weeks to make your 10000 hands and send them to me. Remember that the most profitable player will get $80!!!

I hope Í can start receiving your results to publish them on my blog soon!

Best regards,
      Tuk
    • pinerolo
      pinerolo
      Bronzo
      Presente da: 05-02-2008 Contributi: 7.483
      L'originale di tuktukbkk
      L'originale di Zucchero79Mi complimento con te per la tua costanza ;)
      La ringrazio tanto spero Zucchero!
      mannaggia pure del Lei!! :D :D ha capito come farsi voler bene dal capo ;) :D
    • NevaMasquerade
      NevaMasquerade
      Bronzo
      Presente da: 03-04-2008 Contributi: 1.460
      soprattutto se si conta che.. stando a quanto dice..
      in seimilacinquecento mani perdeva ca. 8 dol con un piccomax di ca. diecidollari+.... poi, a diecimila, magicamente un balzo dioltre cinquantadollari.
      E lemie sgrammaticature sono volute
    • miguelirina
      miguelirina
      Bronzo
      Presente da: 04-01-2007 Contributi: 36
      Tuk I can see you have been promoting your 10000 hands competition across forums :)

Again congratulations on your development and I hope you join the gold group soon!
    • tuktukbkk
      tuktukbkk
      Bronzo
      Hello community,

Its been a while now and my life is being quite active lately (Im actually in Shenzhen at the moment on a business trip)

I have checked my email and for my big disappointment I didn't receive any reply from those who registered on my 10000 hands promotion until today (12 days after the deadline). That's really bad and now I'm trying to understand what went wrong...

Was the target of 10000 hands to high for the period of time defined? I mean I did it but I also played several tables at the same time as I have already some experience but maybe for a beginner that's something you definitely don't do so basically if you play 1 table, lets say on average 40 hands per hour that actually means you would have to play about 8 hours every day... a little bit to much! So I need to rethink this promotion and create something that can be a challenging but realistic. If poker is a hobby for most of us then lets say you can play 2 hour per day during the weekdays and 3 hours on the weekend days. Also assuming that you can play 2 tables at the same time (otherwise I think that even for beginners poker online will be to slow) then to be able to play 10000 hands you would need 2 months!

Another reason could be the fact that beginners will not have immediate access to download poker elephant and/or they dont know or where can they get their poker hands. A quick explanation - for the poker hands in most of the sites they will be stored in a folder inside the place where you have installed the software. As 1 example for PokerStars my hands are saved in C:\Program Files\PokerStars\HandHistory, for Party Poker in C:\Program Files\PartyGaming\PartyPoker\HandHistory, etc..
      So if this is the problem and the reason why you didn't send me your statistics just send me a quick email and I will reconsider your results. I will be able to upload them on poker elephant I create your graph and see your result.

Could it be because I'm locking the promotion to a specific type limit and type of game i.e. just because I play no limit holdem doesn't mean that the other also want to play that... And maybe I should use a different measurement like BB/100 i.e. how many big blinds you generated per each 100 hands. Then everyone could play at any limit and type of game.

Could it be lack of trust? I still have the feeling that most people that read my posts in forums and in the poker rooms don't trust me or don't believe in what I'm doing... I have no clue how to change that...

So I'm thinking that when I'm back home I will probably relaunch this promotion but on a different format. Please feel free to send me your comments and suggestions to make the next 10000 hands promotion a successful one!

The 1st 10000 hands promotion is now officially closed and unfortunately I have no results or winners to announce. The money will be reused for the next one.

Looking forward to receive your ideas and comments!!!